Wednesday 14 January 2015

Paris 2014: part 2


 Day 2: Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and 'Love lock' bridge
On the second day of our trip we did a lot of walking and went to quite a few places around the city. First off we hopped on the train and went to the Champs Elysees. The Champs Elysees, incase you didn't know, is a very busy avenue in the heart of Paris bordered with an array of shops from the Disney store to Cartier.

Waiting for the train
On the walk from the train station to the Champs Elysees we took a small detour to see the Arc de Triomphe, a very popular sight to see when going to Paris. In order to get to the Arc de Triomphe you have to go underground to this incredible tunnel with information written on the walls which makes a great read. You can actually go inside the Arc de Triomphe however we were so excited to rush off to the Champs Elysees we gave it a miss and went on our way.

Arc de Triumph
When arriving on the extremely busy Champs Elysees street performers amongst the massive crowds of tourists coming in and out of the array of shops. We didn't really intend on shopping even though there was a vast amount of shops around us, we just wanted to walk around and take in our surroundings.
Champs Elysees

Champs Elysees street performer

Mercedes store
Next we visited the very famous 'Love-Lock' bridge and saw the thousands of locks with initials and dates across them from when others had visited. It was really sweet to see all the locks placed on with love from people from all across the world.

View from bridge

'Love Lock' Bridge








Thanks for reading
Heleena 
x

11 comments:

  1. Paris is such the most beautiful city. Thanks for sharing your trip here dear.

    marliafransiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! I thought there was way more locks on that bridge tho? xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you now!
    love
    pili
    pils13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I would love to visit Paris! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Following you on bloglovin!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics. Will be checking out more of your posts! Thanks for stopping by mine :) www.didipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this looks amazing! f4f? xxx p.s i love your blog xx http://beingmegan08.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful city! I loved looking at these photos, thank you for sharing! Fantastic post!!
    Frankly Frances

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother took his girlfriend to Paris for the new year as a surprise christmas present! I think it's the most romantic place in the world (well it seems to be as I haven't been unfortunately as about two years ago I was meant to be going for my birthday but an emergency operation stopped me going). It's definitely on my bucket list of places to go!! This will be a really tricky question but which is the best food over there in your opinion? I just dream to try an authentic parisian macaroon. I'm a new follower to your blog but already am in love. If you would like to and have a free moment it would mean so much if you could check my blog out, I'm new and struggling to get on my feet. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and have a safe journey back xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These photos are amazing! Looks like a great place to visit!

    daisysmart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great pictures!! Thanks for commenting on my blog!! It'd be great if you followed me back on bloglovin!
    xx
    Kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I way lucky enough to spend my Christmas holiday in Paris! Such an amazing city! Hope you had an amazing time!

    xx Emma, www.ouvrirlabouche.com

    ReplyDelete