Saturday 8 February 2014

My Everyday Makeup

Hello readers, welcome to my blog! As this is my first blog post I thought I’d do a ‘getting to know me’ but still beauty related post, so here it is, my simple every day makeup.




Foundation.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation 'Beige' £9.99
My everyday foundation is the Bourjois healthy mix foundation, now I know Bourjois foundations have very mixed review but personally I love this foundation. It promises a healthy glow with a flawless complexion, and I can honestly say it provides exactly that (and a lovely, fruity smell).
I pump the foundation out onto the back of my hand and apply with the Topshop foundation brush. It’s easily spread, not too thick not too thin, and one pump is just enough to perfectly cover the whole of my face.
The coverage is medium-full as it covers all my blemishes and redness of my skin but isn't too thick so it can still give you a natural, fresh look.


Mascara
L'OREAL Miss Manga Mascara £8.99


Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara £6.99



I have a very unhealthy love for mascara, I can’t leave the house without it on and I like to apply multiple layers of it onto my top lashes.
First I begin with the L’OREAL mega volume Miss Manga mascara, this mascara adds length and volume my lashes and is perfect to get into the inner corners of the eye as the applicator brush is shaped perfectly to get right into the corners.
Then, as my lashes just can’t have enough volume I apply the Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara on top, the applicator brush of this mascara is HUGE so if you like natural looking lashes this is not the mascara for you.

Lips
Models Own Lip Balm 'Red Hot' £4.00

My natural lip colour is extremely dull so I like to add a subtle pop of colour to brighten it up. For this is use the Models Own Lip Balm in the colour ‘Red Hot’, this lip balm if applied liberally will look like a bright, red lipstick, however that’s not the look I want for everyday so, I lightly dab my finger into the lip balm a dot in onto my lips to give a natural-looking red tint.

Cheeks
Bourjois Illuminating Touch Powder £5.99



To finish of my look I like to add a brush of the Bourjois Illuminating power onto my cheekbones to give a healthy looking glow to my face. This powder is extremely subtle and when added to your face gives no colour just a small shimmer.


I hope you liked my first post!
Heleena
x

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11746089/?claim=jxveh8xc6pg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
x

39 comments:

  1. Loving the mascara choice I always use these especially the falsies best mascara ever at a low price! :) x

    www.krystelcouture.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog I cant find your follow button to follow you?? Im new to blogger haha

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Sorry i'm new too, ive just installed it on the top right. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. I followed your blog, Please follow mines back at:
    www.foreverandclassy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas... I was trying to follow you like a fan... it is giving me problems... I wanted to be your number 2 fan... I'll try in a little bit. If you wish, follow me back at ttbdivas.blogspot.com
    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and oh sorry ye try again later or you can follow me on blogger!
      Sure i'd love to follow you back!

      Delete
  6. Wonderful procucts!! Even my everyday makeup is little similar, but I use eye liner in place of mascara in my everyday makeup!!

    Thanks a lot for your sweet comment on my blog!! Sure I would love to follow each other!! I'm following you now on gfc, bloglovin, google+, instagram and twitter!! Hope you will follow me back on all!! :)

    Love
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have really nice blog! Follow you. Xx

    http://justrealhipsters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post!
    Follow for follow? Let me know :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. These products seems lovely!Thank you for your comment!I am following you!
    http://love4glam3.blogspot.gr/2014/02/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that mascara. hope you could check on my blog. we can follow each other too if you like =) just let me know. hugs http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. love that scandal eyes mascara, i use it everyday as well ....great post :) I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back! xo Agatha

    www.ironyofashi.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely blog. This is a great first post.
    Would you care to follow each other? GFC/Bloglovin/G+
    Do leave a comment when you follow and i'll follow you right back.
    http://icynosure.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Post! i really love Bourjois Cosmetic :)
    follow new ,mind follow back?

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post!!! I love Bourjois!!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a nice day!!!:)))
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for your first blog post!! Welcome to the blogging world!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your picks!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey new blogger! Love your post!
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the follow =) followed back http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely blog! :)
    Do you want to follow each other? :)
    http://coldinvitation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That lip balm looks like a lovely pop of color!
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, yes I'd love to follow each other. I am following you on gfc, please do the same ;)

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. scandaleyes is the worst mascara ever eh.. but i'd test fundaton from bourjours | vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! Your blog is lovely! I'm following you now via GFC...have a lovely day :) x

    http://rainydaycupcake93.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's great to know you better. These products look awesome. Wish we had the brands over here too.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your foundation :)
    Welcome to my blog
    http://nethalicorp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. loved your post dear!!
    http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.in/2014/02/Top-6-Bollywood-Saree-Trends.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for your comment lovely, sure we can follow each other, I just followed you :)
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the macara, want to follow eachothr? x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was a wonderful first post to get to know you! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    I'm so glad I found your blog! If you'd like to follow each other, I'd be happy to keep in touch! Just let me know on my blog :)

    xo
    Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great first post :D

    some wonderful makeup choices here :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice blog, I follow you now, can you do it?? From Spain

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hiya im new to blogger too! would love to follow eachother!

    beautybyellaxo.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love this makeup choice you have! I need to try the mascara! I just followed you :)
    asplashofnancy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete