Thursday 6 March 2014

Spring Makeup Bag Essentials


Spring is right around the corner, so let's make it a beautiful one! Lighter colours are perfect for this time of year, they'll add a glow to your complexion, give you a 'spring' in your step and keep you right on trend.

In need of some ideas for your spring makeup bag?

Spring '14 make-up ideas.
BB/CC Cream
BB and CC creams are ideal for spring and summer time as they give medium coverage without the heavy feel that you get with foundation. Also a lot of BB creams I've tried in the past have been mattifying to the skin so you need not worry about a shiny complexion throughout the day.

Face Powder
As the weather gets hotter the last thing we want is to look oily and greasy, a staple piece for your spring makeup bag is a good finishing powder which can last throughout the day and keep you looking fresh.
(For a less cakey look try a translucent powder).

Lipsticks/Lip balms
A pink and peachy lip is perfect for spring, the splash of colour brings a glow to your complexion and can be worn subtly with just a slightly coloured lip balm or all out with a high pigmented lipstick.

Bronzer
Winter's over and all it's given us is pasty, dull skin but with a good bronzer we can make it through spring looking flawless. Adding subtle touches of bronzer on your cheekbones and on the temples on your forehead can give a natural looking glow to your face.

Blusher
A good blusher for spring can give you the glow you need, peachy/light pink colours are perfect for this time of year and can bring your whole makeup look together perfectly.


The final two products on my Spring Makeup Bag essentials list aren't necessarily your makeup bag but are totally essential for spring.

Moisturiser
Now that it's time to ditch the woolly tights, a good, fast absorbing body moisturiser is so essential to give your skin a glow and leaving it looking soft.
(Spray&Go moisturisers are cheap and handy especially if your always in a quick rush to get out the door in the mornings)

Nails
Of course we need to talk nails, adding a pastel colour to your nails can make a spring outfit perfect!


What's your staple Spring makeup product?

Heleena
x








26 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Got your message and found your blog. Once I read the posts, I had to follow! :) P.s How did you find the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops, sorry, forgot to leave blog URL. http://www.clouds-of-pink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I lovee the pastel nail colors you have picked! The lighter colors in the Revlon Parfumerie collection will definitel be worn a lot during Spring. My Spring staples are definitely peachy/coral lips along with nude glosses. Oh and also I'm really into a nice fresh scent on the lighter side with a bit of citrus for spring time.

    k.f.c. =P
    http://kfclovesyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! Love the nail polishes, love your blog :)

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful products! Thank you for tips! ^_^

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comment on my blog,yes i would like to follow each other,following you now 65,hope you will follow me back :http://cinnamonanddanako.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to update my spring make-up kit. Thanks for the make-up tips!

    Following on GFC, would love if you could do the same!

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pastel nails are a must for spring! xx

    http://adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I just followed you, hope you can follow me back. Kisses
    www.mystyleisfreedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've visited you blog :D it's great
      would you like to follow each other? <3

      http://icyangelinwhite.blogspot.com/

      Delete
  10. Love the finds! I've tried BB cream but I've never tried CC cream :)
    Would you like to follow each other? xx
    Hope you're having an amazing day, Heleena!

    ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post! :D
    I would like a follow for a follow xoxo

    http://icyangelinwhite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm following you dear <3..
    please follow back my blog
    www.Lilyanalilo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Im following you now, hope you'll do the same as you said :)
    Have a great day <3

    Lou of, http://steal-thestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing items and post! =D
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pastel nails! Great post :)
    xx
    http://unachicasual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love peachy lips for spring as well! great post X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors of these nail polishes! ^-^

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, these Bobby Brown eyeshadow quatro!

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, all products are great..but i like the lip color and nail paints..
    follow u via g plus and bloglovin, want u add me through GFC cuz can;t add anyone;(

    keep in touch sweets
    http://glamforgood.blogspot.in/.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Definitely lots of great must-haves! Loved your picks dear, I agree with you and I'd love to get all those products to start Spring well :) the peachy lipstick is so amazing :) How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Post was planning on doing a Spring Summer essential post as well. Really good
    Following you now with GFC and Bloglovin. Will appreciate if you follow back too!
    xoxo
    http://www.redraoalice.blogspot.com/2014/03/april-blog-giveaway-benefit-oriflame.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved the post, Heleena! Sorry it took me so long to follow you, I would appreciate it if you followed me back, thank you!

    Tayla xx

    tayladawson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your blog! Thank you for commenting on my recent blog post. I'd love to follow your blog and I'd love for you to support me by following me back. Keep in touch on my twitter @Alisha__Jade xxx

    alisha-jade.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. This post is making me excited for this spring. I followed your blog btw! :) x

    www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete