Saturday 15 February 2014

Soap&Glory Products Review

For Christmas last year my sister got me the best gift I could’ve asked for, a whole load of soap and glory products! Now, you may be able to tell this already but, I LOVE soap and glory, from the quirky little saying on the products to the retro 60s inspired designs there’s almost no faults! However seen as this is a truthful review my overall opinion on the brand itself won’t stop me from saying my honest thoughts on each, individual product.

 The Scrub of Your Life

This product itself is my absolute favourite out of those I got for Christmas, the name of this exfoliating scrub in my opinion is totally suited to how perfect it is. It’s has a fresh, girly almost citrus smell which seems strong when in the shower however doesn’t remain on your skin (so it isn’t too overpowering). On the front on the product it quotes ‘once rough elbows go suddenly silky’ which is true for this product, after just one use I found a significant difference in my elbows and knees as they went from dry to smooth and silky, which is definitely handy in the cold months.

Left: Sugar Crush £6.50
Right: The Scrub of your life £7.00
Sugar Crush Body Wash
This body wash has a creamy texture which lathers up with water, however about 5 pumps (or more) are required for a rich lather. The scent isn’t really to my taste; it says it contains lime oil which is definitely noticeable and I personally prefer more floral and sweeter scents in body products. However I do find this body wash very conditioning to my skin leaving it smooth and soft all over, so if you prefer more citrus smells in your body wash this product is a 10/10 for you.

The Righteous Butter
The Righteous Butter £10.50
The smell of this body butter is perfect, it’s fresh, not overly sweet and when I apply it after my shower I’m in heaven! The scent remains on my skin for a long time, I tend to shower at night and when I wake up I can still smell it subtly on my skin. It absorbs quickly onto my skin and leaves it feeling conditioned and energised, this is one of the products I’d definitely repurchase over and over again.

Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion
Butter Yourself £10.00
This moisture lotion is lightly moisturising, definitely not like butter, and is perfect for just quickly touching up dry knees and elbows in the day. The scent for me is slightly masculine, which I’m not a fan of so I rarely use this product just maybe as I said to touch up dry elbows in the day.

Heel Genius Foot Cream
I must say this is one of my favourite foot cream I’ve come across, even though I usually  tend to like fruitier smells, for my feet I like a nice fresh smell which this product provides. It’s a very rich cream and requires a lot of rubbing in and does take quite a while to full absorb in so is better to use before bed, not in a quick rush to get out the door.
Left: Hand Food £5.00
Right: Heel Genius £5.50

Hand Food
I’d wanted to get my hands on this for quite a while now as I’d heard so much about it on other blogs. It has a very similar scent to Righteous Butter that I mentioned above and has a very similar rich texture as the Heel Genius Foot cream, it very much like a mixture of those two products. I do like this hand cream and it is intensely moisturising however I would prefer one that absorbs into my skin a lot quicker as this one does take quite a while.

Mist You Madly
Mist you Madly £6.50
I use this mist every single day, I tend to spray in on my coat and a little bit in my hair as I love the floral scent, it’s quite a subtle scent which I really like as I can’t stand over powering body mists/perfumes. It’s a really lovely subtle mist to quickly spritz on just before you leave the house in the morning.

Peaches and Clean

Peaches and Clean £8.00

Another one of my favourites, this cleansing milk just ticks all the boxes! It easily removes waterproof makeup in seconds without stinging or leaving the skin feeling dry. It has a lovely peachy smell and makes my skin feel smooth and ready for bed

Thick and Fast Mascara

Thick&Fast £10.00
I’m a massive mascara lover and when I get to try out a new one my excitement levels overload, so I just couldn’t wait to try Soap and Glory’s mascara. However the Thick and Fast mascara did nothing for my lashes, it didn’t lengthen them, lift them or provide any extra volume, so to be completely honest I was quite disappointed by this product.

What are your favourite Soap&Glory products?


Heleena
x

17 comments:

  1. Nice review!
    I really like your blog - followed :)

    xoxo
    LiliS

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh I love soap and glory everything! xx
    AIMEROSE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Righteous Butter sounds so good!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is amazing :) following you now. Hope you visit and follow my blog as well! ♥
    LUSCIOUS STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment, I would love to follow each other! Followed you on GFC and bloglovin' - please follow back!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review, I love Soap & Glory! xx

    Naniko

    http://splashofpearls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. sure that we can follow each othe! I follow you now :)
    good luck in blogosfera! :)))))))

    xoxo from Spain my dear :)

    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love soap and glory! Thanks for commenting on my blog, I have followed you on bloglovin and GFC. http://justjulie81.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love soap and glory, the Sugar Crush range scented ones are my fave! I followed you :) x
    Belle et Beaut | UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Soap & Glory is always the first thing I look at in Boots! And basically drool over! I need some more of the body sprays and butters (i've scraped out every last bit) but I know I shouldn't spend any extra money right now :(

    Love your blog! Definitely following on Friend Connect and Blog Lovin!

    Kelly xxx
    http://positivelykelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm currently trying to work out what Soap Glory bits to buy in Boots with their 3 for 2 offer on at the moment and this post has proved really helpful! I know that one will definitely be the Breakfast Scrub, it's a favourite.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great; I'd love to try some Soap and Glory products but they're a bit over my budget so it's good to get a better knowledge of them before I try them....great post!

    http://rainydaycupcake93.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely products! ;)
    Thank you for your comment, I am following you, hope you follow back!

    Tic-Tac Living

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mist you Madly sounds awesome, I've never tried it! Thanks for sharing!!
    Kallie @ But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love this brand ! Soap&glory products smell so good ! My favorite is the scrub of your life :) and maybe the hand creme as well... :)
    xx
    http://moodstylewalker.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything made by Soap & Glory steals my heart! Awesome reviews!

    thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete